Terms and Conditions
Individual therapy usually consists of a 60 minute appointment at the same agreed time each week in my office. Sessions for couples are usually 90 minutes at the same agreed time each week. Additional sessions can usually be arranged if required.
Payment and Fees
Payment is due immediately after each session, or can be paid in advance for a set number of sessions. I accept cash, cheques, debit cards and online payments.
I normally charge £50.00 for each hour in my office and £75.00 for each 90 minute session. We may agree a different fee depending on your circumstances.
Cancellation and missed sessions
If you are unable to attend your appointment please let me know as soon as possible. The required notice for cancellation is 48 hours. Where there is less notice, or if you fail to attend your appointment, the full fee will be payable. I hope you appreciate that it is rarely possible to fill appointments at such short notice which is why I am obliged to charge for my time.
I will give you as much advance notice as possible for holidays or of any other reason that I need to cancel a future appointment.
Confidentiality is an integral part of counselling and psychotherapy and is essential to building a strong and productive therapeutic relationship and ensuring a sense of safety.
The therapeutic process encourages you to be as open and honest as possible and inevitably personal experiences and sensitive information is disclosed. It is vital therefore that you feel safe and can trust that everything discussed will remain completely confidential.
All information will remain confidential unless we both agree to discuss something with a third party. The only circumstance where I would break confidentiality would be if there was a serious risk to your or another person’s safety. In very exceptional circumstances a therapist may be liable to civil or criminal court proceedings if they do not disclose client information. If at all possible this would be discussed with you beforehand and I would do all in my power to safeguard confidentiality despite the requirement to reveal certain information.
I hold all records securely and anonymously. All records are held electronically and securley in accordance with professional recommendations.
I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and for the General Data Protection regulations (2018) for the information I hold about you.
I store your name, address, contact details, a medical history, your doctor’s names and contact details, and any other relevant medical or psychiatric. I also make notes on the content of our sessions and with your consent I record sessions for reference. These recordings are not normally stored for more than one week.
Your rights with regard to your personal information.
- The right to be informed – This notice informs you of the information I collect.
- The right of access – You may ask to view the record I hold on you at any time
- The right to rectification – I will correct any factual inaccuracies or changes you report
- The right to erasure – You have the right to have your records permanently deleted
- The right to restrict processing – Your data is not processed for any other purpose
- The right to data portability – You can ask for the record to be transferred to another organisation. I would not normally transfer session records and you can ask for this information not to be transferred.
- The right to object – On starting therapy, I will ask you to sign a form stating that you consent to me holding the information outlined above. If you have any objection to me holding this data or a specific part of the data you do not have to sign the form or provide the data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. No automated decision making occurs and clients are not profiled.
As part of my practice I am fully insured for professional liability with a specialist provider of insurance for Psychotherapists. I also maintain third party accident insurance should any accident occur whilst you are on the premises.
As a key part of professional development and ethical practice I have regular supervision of client work that I undertake with a supervising psychotherapist. Confidentiality is maintained and my supervisors are also bound by the same codes of conducts that I abide by. I may ask your permission to record our sessions to assist in supervision and treatment planning.
Website – Disclaimer
The content of my website is intended for information only. Whilst utmost care has been taken in the writing and presentation of this information I do not guarantee its usefulness or accuracy. I accept no responsibility for any decisions made and accept no liability for any loss or damage based on the information found on the website. Anyone using information offered on the website does so at their own risk and will be considered to have taken full liability and responsibility for any damage or injury arising from its use.